Monday, February 22, 2010

A place for everything and everything in its place!

I haven't blogged in the last week so what have I been doing?  I cleaned out what we call "the children's wing" of our house.  It consists of 2 children's rooms and a toy room.  Since children with SPD have so much going on in their brain, they need very organized surroundings.  Will they miss any of the things that were taken to charity?  Probably not.  My oldest understands.  I explained to her that she is always thinking about so much and her room needs to be organized so that it does not clutter her thoughts.  I am taking three large shopping bags to charity today and selling some on ebay.  Spring cleaning started a little early here but it already feels more organized in our house and someone else will appreciate the things that we no longer use.

6 comments:

  1. New to your blog, can't wait to read more! I understand this issue and feel I am always on the organizing trail to help my 5 yr old better enjoy his playtime/playspaces. He is always excited about this and sometimes realizes it and then tells others that we "ordanize"! He has been a collector of things since I can remember. It used to be rocks, sticks, etc. Now it is anything he is into for the moment: bionicles, geotrax, playmobile. I rotate toys A LOT! It is often hard to walk through his room even when he is methodically playing and setting up his "set-ups".

    Are there other SPD blogs or websites you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best one that I have found is sensory-processing-disorder.com. Thanks for your interest! It is great that we can all help each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a 5yo son who has Autism and SPD. I totally understand! He is VERY particular with his things. He has his little 'collections' too (like the previous post) and he DOES notice if something is out of order or misplaced. It's hard....and ongoing issue. We just do the best we can to make his life easy and get him all the therapy we can.

    Visiting from "Friday Follow"..I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to reading more of your blog! Love for you to come visit me!

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great go you!
    And...Hello, and happy Friday! Yay for weekends!

    I am your newest follower from Friday follow, I'd love it if you came and checked out my blog too!

    Shan
    http://www.milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you while surfing Follow Friday blogs. Nothing makes me feel better than organizing and donating all the extras. It's a great thing if it helps your girls, and it's a great thing that they are learning the blessings of charity. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have spent a ton of time scaling back and micro-organizing Sophie's "collections," as well. So how can you KEEP it organized? Sophie drags everything out all at once, it seems, and of course cannot get it all back into place. And I have only just recently figured out that if I am cleaning her room, I had better just put away anything that has NOT been "rowed up," or put in a line against the wall - otherwise a meltdown will be in order.

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join