Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How many people in the general population have SPD?

I am just wondering.  How many kids can you name that have Sensory Processing Disorder?  I also wonder how many people in the general population have SPD.  I think that I have had SPD all along and can name some symptoms that I have had since childhood.  For one, I have always been painfully shy.  I have gotten better as I have grown older but I am still pretty shy.  That said, I can name 8 children with SPD and that is through casual conversations that I have had with parents.  If I am shy and I can find 8 children that have this, how many are there in the general population.  I also know of some that have not been diagnosed but exhibit some of the symptoms such as clothing and food texture issues.  Just some questions for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Click here to join