Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hydrolyzed vegetable protein - what is it?

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2010/03/08/f-hydrolyzed-vegetable-protein-hvp-additive.html

Like the attached article says, HVP, what is it? Also like it says, many of us did not know what it was until this week. Please read the article and pass it on. It sounds horrible and to think we were eating food that contained it, salmonella or no. I ate some Pringle's on Sunday. They were not part of the recall but they did make me sick. I was reading that rapid heart rate can be a side effect. That is not a good thing to have in a food product. Anyway, my symptoms have been: pounding headache, aches, chills, fever, and diarrhea. I contacted the company in question and was told those symptoms did not come from their food product but I should keep the chips for two weeks in case they need a sample. Let me tell you, those symptoms ARE coming from the chips and I will no longer buy them. Not only for my health but also for my children. NO child should eat this garbage, let alone children with SPD. I have been thinking about using the Feingold diet but now I will be putting my thoughts into actions!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info. Yuck, they put so much junk into our foods these days. It has crossed my mind to try the Feingold diet on my daughter. It's pretty restrictive and tough to follow but many people swear by it.

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join