Sunday, March 7, 2010

Math was not my strongest subject either.

Today I am back to Sensory Processing Disorder.  Has anyone had a similar issue with their children?  I find this interesting, my 5 year old son has trouble counting and recognizing numbers.  Last week, I was reading to him out of a Star Wars book.  I started asking questions like, "If you have six clone troopers and you take away two, how many do you have?"  His answer? "Four!"  Then I asked a couple more addition and subtraction questions and he had the correct answers.  I asked his teacher, "How is it that my child cannot count or recognize numbers but he can do addition and subtraction in his head?"  Her answer?  "He learns differently, celebrate!"  We are celebrating.  Happy day!!

2 comments:

  1. And don't we love his teacher for her special gifts of understanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we were definitely blessed with his teacher!

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join