Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow...

One of my earlier posts talks about picky eaters.  Recently, my daughter, who is a brownie, was given the task of bringing a recipe for a healthy snack to her meeting.  We talked about it and I told her about a recipe that I saw in a magazine.  I think it was the Disney Family Fun magazine.  It is a fruit rainbow!  Well, it also happened to be my turn to bring the snack for the brownies.  I purchased the fruit and a disposable pizza pan.  If you remember from science class, the colors of the rainbow spell "Roy G. Biv" - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.  I used strawberries for the red, clementines for the orange, pineapple for the yellow, green grapes for the green, black grapes for the blue, blackberries for the indigo, and purple grapes for the violet.  I made two rainbows to make sure that all 8 brownies were able to get plenty of fruit.  Let me tell you, there were no picky eaters that day!!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine would pick out just the pineapple. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..I’m Barb from Fri. Follow. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join