Monday, May 31, 2010

Sensory overload!!

Ok parents with SPD kids.  How did your long holiday weekend go?  Ours went pretty well.  I could tell today though that they were both getting tired.  My son was whining about his hands being sticky.  This was one of the first symptoms that helped us to figure out he had SPD.  Anyway, today, they seemed sticky constantly!! :)  My daughter has been having a lot of meltdowns today too.  We have been very busy the last couple of days so they are both having sensory overload!  It is funny too because last week, my daughter went to a birthday party at one of these places that has video games, bowling, laser tag, etc.  I was talking to some of the moms and noticed that I was getting sensory overload!  There was just too much noise in there for me and I asked if it was ok to leave my 8 year old with them while the birthday party was going on.  If I hadn't gotten out of there, I might have had an SPD meltdown myself!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I am new to the bloging world, but trying to network with others who live simular experiences with children wth such neurological disorders as Autism and SPD, bith of which my son has. I invite you to read my blog @: http://fatwordsofmama.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join