Friday, July 16, 2010

Picky Eaters Class

Today, both of my kids went to their first picky eaters class.  There will only be four more of these classes before summer is over, but I am hopeful.  They are being taught by a nun at a local hospital.  She taught them how to set the table, what the napkin is for and had them try new fruits and different forms of fruits.  For example, dried apples, applesauce, apple juice, grapes, grape juice, raisins, and figs.  Yes, my picky eaters tried figs!  The figs came from the grounds of the convent.  I thought that was cool.  They were allowed to look at the items, smell, taste, and then spit out the food if they wanted to.  At the end of the class, they all gave a toast with their apple juice.  Cheers...to trying new foods! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hi there.
    I'm stopping by from Friday-Follow to thank you for participating.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/what-could-you-possibly-learn-from-me-in-this-profilebuilding-friendship-one-blog-hop-at-a-time/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm following you from Fancy Meeting You Monday!
    Will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/07/fancy-meeting-you-monday_19.html

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join