Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Roast pork and potatoes or a magical meal??

So both of my picky eaters walked to the dinner table on Sunday and said, "Yuck"!  We were having roast pork, red potatoes, and steamed broccoli.  Knowing that my daughter would probably not relent, I thought to myself, if I make this meal sound interesting, maybe my son will eat some of it.  The plate had an ocean scene on it so I said, "Look, Daddy made trees (broccoli), mountains (red potatoes), and rocks (roast pork cut up into squares).  There is even some water flowing between the rocks (juice from the roast) and look, there is a picture of a crab on your plate, he is swimming in the water!"  My son proceeded to dig in to the magical meal that Daddy had made and no longer shouted, "Yuck"!

1 comment:


Click here to join