Monday, February 14, 2011

When friends move away

My family and I live in an area of the country with a lot of corporate headquarters (big oil companies) as well as NASA.  Recently, many families have had to move due to job cuts and corporate mergers.  Since both of my kids have SPD as well as other issues, it often takes them a while to make friends.  Once they get to know their friends, they surely do not want them to leave.  It has been difficult for my kids (as well as for me) when they see these people go.  I have reassured them that we can try to keep in touch with their friends.  We plan to get a camera for the computer so that we can use Skype.  Also, we are already planning some visits.  It is still difficult.  Especially for the little ones.  How does your family deal with the issue when friends move away?

1 comment:

  1. I am your newest follower from the Sat. blog hop
    PegsPlay
    matternu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


Click here to join